I wrote a few points down as a way to structure my thoughts. It was never really intended to publish as a road map, but publishing gives everyone an idea where this project is heading.
This is a list of things I see being implemented by version 1.0. The order in the list also approximately reflects the order of implementation as basic features seem to correspond to easy implementation. (aside from the fact that almost everything in this app is quite trivial ;))
- channel setup
- import from xawtv
- start from europe-west defaults
- sequential tuning with mouse wheel
- direct select with keypad, visually and physically
- direct select with list; this is channel editor without editing func
- for viewing, recording, playing..
- configurable rec path
- scheduled recording with at
- on the fly recording by streaming the video to file and starting a player on the output file
- time shifting: same as above, but start paused player
- somehow use vlc’s save stream option somewhere..?
- show list using the configurable rec path
- show list of all recordings using the the configurable rec path
- save long lasting recordings as mpeg4 to conserve space
- use transcode