Thanks for using ADB over Ethernet. If you like this app, please vote on the play store. You can navigate this page with an Android TV dpad: press up/down to scroll, use left/right to switch between scroll mode and link mode. Press the center button to follow a link in link mode.
This app makes it easier to enable ADB over ethernet on Android TV:
- Detects the currently active network interface to provide correct ip to user.
- Allows D-pad navigation with clear button focus
- Available in play store
I explained in more words in this blog post.
Your device must be rooted. The app will try to detect whether this is the case.
- Start app. If your device is not rooted, it will show a message “Root is required to use this app.” and the buttons will be disabled. Otherwise, it will show the detected IP address. Don’t forget to grant the app root access.
- On your desktop computer, run the command “adb connect <ip>” and replace with the ip shown.
- On the android device, if you haven’t done this before, you will get a prompt where you have to allow USB debugging for the connecting computer.
Read blog posts related to this app.