Thanks for using ADB over Ethernet. If you like this app, please vote on the play store. You can navigate this page with an Android TV dpad: press up/down to scroll, use left/right to switch between scroll mode and link mode. Press the center button to follow a link in link mode.
This app makes it easier to enable ADB over ethernet on Android TV:
- Detects the currently active network interface to provide correct ip to user.
- Allows D-pad navigation with clear button focus
- Available in play store
I explained in more words in this blog post.
Your device must be rooted. The app will try to detect whether this is the case.
- Start app. If your device is not rooted, it will show a message “Root is required to use this app.” and the buttons will be disabled. Otherwise, it will show the detected IP address. Don’t forget to grant the app root access.
- On your desktop computer, run the command “adb connect <ip>” and replace with the ip shown.
- On the android device, if you haven’t done this before, you will get a prompt where you have to allow USB debugging for the connecting computer.
Read blog posts related to this app.
8 thoughts on “ADB over Ethernet Help”
Do U have any links on rooting an android tv, namely sony bravia 4k 2015. Also aware of a better browser than Android Opera, doesn’t even support flash. Tnx, John
i only have experience rooting the Nexus Player.. I did a quick google and indeed, the sony bravia does not seem to have been rooted up until now…
About the web browser: I agree, there currently does not exist a good android tv app for that.
Sorry I couldn’t be of more help!
Try this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/guide-how-to-root-2015-philips-android-t3323912
HA0L0SZU tab2 A10-30 Lenovo
Questo è il Tab che ho acquistato, vorrei collegarlo in ufficio col cavo ethernet per ragioni tecniche, ho trovato il connettore adattatore, ma non riesce a collegarsi in internet senza il wifi.
Potete dirmi se questo modello ė compatibile con gli adattatori per rete LAN?
i don’t know, but please check this page: http://www.bobjgear.com/which-tablets-support-ethernet.html
you need an usb ethernet adapter which is supported by your kernel and the firmware you’re using must not prevent or have bugs regarding ethernet support
Muy buena espero y me guste mucho
How to uses on a Android devices ( through etharnat adapter)